Tuesday, July 8, 2008

The hills are alive with...in the Schauinsland







































































headed out today at 3pm. to the schaunisland area of the black forest, south of freiburg. after a rainy morning, the afternoon turned spectacular. as you can see, this area is totally "sound of music" territory. i beleive these are some of the higher peaks in the south. about 1500 meters or so..as we drove up the temp dropped at least 10 degrees, and the wind was howling. we drove through several villages and farm areas...cows, sheep, goats, tobacco, corn and wine grapes. i really don't know what else i could add...just look at the photos..some of the most beautiful scenery i have ever seen.i`'ll add commentary after if i think theres anything that needs further explanation...enjoy the ride.
tomorrow rain, we will ride some streetcars and visit various neighborhoods around freiburg.
and next week is paris...

6 comments:

Ashfrin said...

These are some really good pictures. They look professional. Nice blog.

Unknown said...

Dude, did you forget your hair spray??
Did the goats have bells around their necks? I saw a similar scene in Greece with the goats with bells around their necks. When ever I get stresed out, I turn my mind to that very scene to calm me.
Donna

tattoedGenExer said...

Hey A!

It's Janna, C gave me a link to your blog - looks great and you sound really good! Sorry I never emailed back. I'll email you my phone number - seriously give Jim and me a call - you know where he cleaned himself up? Key West! You guys are just too alike!

enzo said...

hi al, old sport, give peter a hug. let him know you give a good show in the old country. the reason why people don't greet is because you scare the shit out of them- use hairspray.
enzo

allen vella said...

who is enzo?

enzo said...

I am enzo, Al!