Monday, July 14, 2008

aidans gig report

Mary just emailed this to me. i thought i'd share it with y'all.



OUR SON NEVER CEASES TO AMAZE ME
He was a ball of energy/fire...hence the name, AIDAN.
Don Hill's asked them back to play in late August...people were screaming for them at the end. Even my friends who showed up were so amazed at the energy level of the band, They were very impressed at how professional they seemed to be.. About 40 people were there and the band after them loved them and they made friends with them, so that went over big with the kids. Jillian had a cute outfit on, all gothed out or something like that. Joey F , the guitarist from Aidan's very first band and his girlfriend Lily were there for Aidan once again. That touched my heart.AS I remember the two of them in Aidan's bedroom trying to put together a song back in high school. When they came outside, we heard Aidan say to the guys-"WE were the best yet." then they all hugged each other and started jumping up and down, sooooo adorable.
My friend Veronica brought her fiance who is in a professional Zeppelin tribute band. He thought they were great. He fell in love with Aidan's personality right away as most people do. He said the lead guitarist's guitar was out of tune on one song, but that was his only complaint. He thought they had a good chance at getting more gigs in the future for sure.
The band did a 30 minute set, launched right into the next song as it should be. They seemed well prepared and self confident. Jordan the lead singer was incredible. He has a very good range for metal, they did 2 cover songs, Crazy Train by Ozzie and an Iron Maiden song. Thier originals are really really good.
Did Aidan tell you that they may be doing a festival in Massachussetts in October???
GodSmack is the headliner and so this would be very exciting for them. I hope they can do it. They will need money to finance the weekend away. I told them that I would help them with gas money, if they come to my house over the next few months and do some yard work for me and stuff that I need help with. They thought that was a good plan. I hope they can have that fun experience for themselves.
Don Hill's is a cool venue, it is on Greenwich and Spring Streets. I was really proud of Aidan, he seems to be confident and was organized and professional with his eqiupment. Wow, when he was a baby, I prayed he would have some semblance of a good life. He really has one. He has a child, his own apartment, friends, a band, a girlfriend, a nice personality, integrity, good health, spirit, contagious energy and so much more. I was happy for him.
Allyson babysat for Joel. I saw him yesterday and he looked so cute as usual. Melissa was at the gig. Big doins are planned for next saturday afternoon for the BIRTHDAY WEENIE Roast in my backyard. Elmo is the theme for his big day. Thanks for the check to contribute. Pray for us to have pretty weather.
Oh, he got called on friday by the local 79 Union to do a day of Strike Duty on a picket line. He went to 10-63 Jackson Avenue in LIC. He said a guy called Bernard was there with the Giant Gray Rat blown up. He did his thing and went home. He said the guy Richie, from the Lenair job called him the day before to tell him to go there. He was glad to put his time in for his union. Sure hope they call him back one day. His dues are paid for the coming year again in full.
It is hot hot hot here...I hope your experience in Europe continues to be a sparkling one.
blessings, MDV

No comments: